Human Resources Assistant
USG Insurance Services, Inc. – Canonsburg, PA
Full-time (40 hours/week)
Office Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources Manager in HR areas such as recruiting, personnel records management, payroll, employee benefits, employee development, wellness initiatives, labor law compliance.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Recruiting support – ATS maintenance, pre-screening applicants, interviews.
- Pre-employment background checks, typing up job offers, onboarding.
- Collect and review new hire paperwork for accuracy and setup personnel folders.
- Enter new hires in Payroll system and benefit portals.
- Provide customer service to employees for payroll and benefit questions.
- Help to create and distribute employee communications.
- Serve as a point of contact with HR vendors/administrators.
- Assist with HR projects by researching laws and regulations and providing implementation and communication support.
- Maintain compliance with current federal, state, and local laws.
- Assist in payroll preparation and processing – process employee changes to compensation, deductions, address, time card punches, PTO requests, etc.
- Audit and maintain current HR files and databases.
- Assist with streamlining and setting up payroll system features such as an online benefit portal, electronic performance reviews, document updates.
- Reconcile payroll deductions and employee benefit invoices.
- Assist with open enrollment and year end duties – benefit changes, W-2s, ACA forms.
- Respond to employment verification and unemployment insurance inquiries.
- Complete termination paperwork and assist with exit interviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- HR or Business related degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software and computer systems. Payroll system experience preferred.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team.
- Detail oriented.
- Ensure the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism.