Producer/Broker: Worker's Compensation
USG is a national wholesale/brokerage with a specialty division team for Workers Compensation under AAU: Allied American Underwriters. We are seeking experienced commercial Producer/Brokers for our AAU Workers Compensation Division. Prior insurance experience is mandatory.
This position requires strong relationship building skills to work with our targeted carriers, retail insurance agents, and internal producers on a national basis. Only those with proven performance in this career path should apply.
- Strong knowledge and experience of property and casualty insurance, specifically Workers Compensation product lines including: coverages, rating, terminology and technical procedures. P&C license / E&S licenses are required.
- History of business development and submissions from direct production responsibilities.
- Must be sales driven, “people person” who likes to establish new relationships while learning communication strategies and sales methods.
- Experienced in Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Reader. Ability to quickly learn new programs and applications.
- Skilled in business writing and problem/situation analysis.
- Energetic, self motivated individuals who are goal oriented and can thrive in a team environment.
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills.
- Work with internal USG producers, and retail insurance agents, to develop and submit business to target markets for placement.
- Learn and build relationships with our in house rating and brokerage markets for Workers Compensation.
- Assess new business submissions and negotiate terms, by selecting the markets that can provide the most coverage at the best price.
- Follow submissions through the process, to assure quotes are provided in a timely manner and negotiate with all parties involved to reach an acceptable price.
- Solicit new business through various sales and marketing techniques and begin establishing relationships within a territory utilizing agency visits, telemarketing calls and cross selling.
- Coordinate and handle administrative workflows in conjunction with support team(s) to establish accurate and prompt response to service issues.
Apply for this position