- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Hours: 8:30-5:00 Local Time
Compensation: Based on Experience
USG is a national wholesale/brokerage for hard to place commercial insurance coverages. This position works in close support and on behalf of the Producer/Broker providing assistance where necessary to maintain a professional work product and relationship with our carriers, retail agents, and Producer/Broker(s). Prior insurance industry experience is required.
This position will assist or be a member of one or more Production teams; responsible for tasks as assigned by a Senior Production Assistant, Executive Production Assistant, Production Assistant, or designated Producer/Broker(s) including, but not limited to: those tasks related to policy maintenance or submissions, communication with agents or carriers, and data entry work to prepare submissions.
- Requesting renewal application specifications from retail agent, summarize completed applications along with exposures, loss history, target pricing and submit to brokerage carriers for quotation.
- Prepare and record all required information needed to bind and invoice accounts.
- Type mid-term money endorsement/cancellation and audit requests.
- Provide timely and accurate customer service to retail agents.
- Perform in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions.
- Consistently demonstrate a professional, positive, team-oriented attitude while performing job duties.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance required to support the attainment of stated office-wide objectives in conjunction with service standards.
- Policy reviews prior to servicing final copy to agent and carrier.
- Inspection reviews to determine discrepancies that may influence rate or coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of prior insurance experience, past experience should include wholesale brokerage/MGA, retail insurance agency, or carrier experience.
- C.I.S.R or P&C license is preferred by not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Windows based software applications and basic typing skills.
- Knowledge of basic P&C insurance, forms, endorsements, rating methods, and terminology.