- United States
- Full Time
USG is a national wholesale brokerage for hard to place commercial coverages. We are seeking a Surety Product Lead to establish USG in the surety community on a national platform. This position requires strong relationship building skills to work with our targeted markets and retail insurance agents to develop a book of business as well as to develop the national division for USG. Only those with proven performance in this career path should apply.
Candidates must have at least 5 years' prior experience in surety.
This position is available in any of the 50 U.S. states and DC.
Office Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with additional hours as needed by project basis.
Compensation: Base pay level depends on experience. Commission/bonuses are awarded based on individual performance via sales results.
- 5 years' minimum experience as a Surety Producer/Broker with proven performance history.
- Strong knowledge and experience of surety/bonds including: bond types, rating, terminology and technical procedures.
- History of business development and submissions from direct production responsibilities.
- Must be sales driven, “people person” who likes to establish new relationships while learning communication strategies and sales methods.
- Experienced in Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Reader. Ability to quickly learn new programs and applications.
- Skilled in business writing and problem/situation analysis.
- Energetic, self-motivated individual. Must be goal oriented and able to build and motivate a thriving team.
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills.
- P&C license / E&S licenses are required.
- A four-year college degree is preferred.
- Develop relationships with carrier partners and bring in new carrier contracts.
- Maintain profitable relationships with existing carrier partners.
- Work with retail insurance agents, to develop and submit business to target markets for placement.
- Assess new business submissions and negotiate terms, by selecting the markets that can provide the most coverage at the best price.
- Follow submissions through the process, to assure quotes are provided in a timely manner and negotiate with all parties involved to reach an acceptable price.
- Solicit new business through various sales and marketing techniques and begin establishing relationships within a territory utilizing agency visits, telemarketing calls and cross selling.
- Coordinate and handle administrative workflows in conjunction with support team(s) to establish accurate and prompt response to service issues.
- Recruit Surety producers to assist in growing the division
- Attend company approved seminars and other educational activities required to stay current on latest developments, trends, and regulations in the marketplace.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance required to support the attainment of stated office-wide objectives in conjunction with service standards.