Hours: 8:30-5:00 Local Time
Compensation: Based on Experience
USG is a national wholesale/brokerage for hard to place commercial insurance coverages. This position works in close support and on behalf of the Producer/Broker providing assistance where necessary to maintain a professional work product and relationship with our carriers, retail agents, and Producer/Broker(s). Prior insurance industry experience is required.
This position is based nationwide and will assist or be a member of one or more Production teams; responsible for tasks as assigned by a Senior Production Assistant, Executive Production Assistant, or designated Producer/Broker(s) including, but not limited to: those tasks related to policy maintenance or submissions, renewal marketing, cross-selling, communication with agents or carriers, and data entry work to prepare submissions.
- Assist in managing a book of commercial lines renewal policies including the review, remarketing, quoting, and policy maintenance
- Requesting renewal application specifications from retail agent, summarize completed applications along with exposures, loss history, target pricing and submit to brokerage carriers for quotation.
- Review all solicited renewal quotations and negotiate final pricing and terms/conditions for identified carriers.
- Prepare and submit final renewal quotations for recommended carriers to retail agent. Record renewal progress and final dispositions.
- Prepare and record all required information needed to bind and invoice accounts.
- Review and process all mid-term endorsement/cancellation and audit requests.
- Provide timely and accurate customer service to retail agents.
- Provide new business marketing and quoting assistance as needed.
- Review and approve final policy issuance for MGA renewal accounts.
- Request, review and approve all loss control reports for renewal business per company guidelines. Communicate and confirm with retail agent the compliance of any actions pursuant to the findings of the loss control report per the carrier requirements.
- Perform in a manner that will prevent errors and omissions.
- Consistently demonstrate a professional, positive, team-oriented attitude while performing job duties.
- Attend company approved seminars and other educational activities required to stay current on latest developments, trends, and regulations in the marketplace.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance required to support the attainment of stated office-wide objectives in conjunction with service standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates should be located in the United States.
- 2- 5 years of prior insurance experience, past experience should include either wholesale brokerage/MGA, retail insurance agency or carrier experience.
- C.I.S.R or P&C license is preferred by not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Windows based software applications and basic typing skills.
- Knowledge of basic P&C insurance, forms, endorsements, rating methods, and terminology
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as annual and short-term premiums, additional and return premiums related to endorsement and audit activities, commissions, policy fees, taxes, etc.