Associate Producer/Broker: Environmental Division
- Canonsburg, PA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER/BROKER: Environmental Division
USG is a national wholesale/brokerage for hard to place commercial insurance coverages. We are seeking an Associate Producer/Broker in our Canonsburg, PA office for the Environmental Division. Prior insurance experience, including E&S experience, is preferred.
This position is a Producer/Broker in development and will work as a member of an existing production team for mentorship and training. While in this role, the Associate Producer/Broker works to build their book of business for their own future production team when promoted to Producer/Broker. The candidate should have strong relationship building skills to work with our targeted carriers and retail insurance agents in order to develop a book of business.
Office Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Compensation: Base pay level depends on experience. Commission/bonuses are awarded based on individual performance via sales results.
- Strong knowledge and experience of property and casualty insurance, specifically environmental product lines including: coverage, rating, terminology and technical procedures.
- Must be sales driven, “people person” who likes to establish new relationships while learning communication strategies and sales methods.
- Experienced in Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Reader. Ability to quickly learn new programs and applications.
- Skilled in business writing and problem/situation analysis.
- Energetic, self-motivated individuals who are goal oriented and can thrive in a team environment.
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills.
- 2-3 years of experience in a Production Assistant support role preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience with a wholesaler is preferred.
- Must have the desired career path to become a Producer/Broker within 1 to 2 years.
- Must have an active P&C and SL license or be actively working toward obtaining. An active P&C license is required in order to be promoted to Producer/Broker.
- Direct responsibilities include:
- Maintain underwriting files including an understanding of policy reviews, inspection reviews, and endorsements.
- Understand and be knowledgeable of markets and underwriting guidelines.
- Solicit new business through various sales and marketing techniques and begin establishing relationships within a territory utilizing agency visits, telemarketing calls and cross selling.
- Train and mentor under a successful Producer/Broker to:
- Work with retail insurance agents, to develop and submit business to target markets for placement.
- Build relationships with our in house rating and brokerage markets.
- Assess new business submissions and negotiate terms, by selecting the markets that can provide the most coverage at the best price.
- Follow submissions through the process, to assure quotes are provided in a timely manner and negotiate with all parties involved to reach an acceptable price.
- Coordinate and handle administrative workflows in conjunction with support team(s) to establish accurate and prompt response to service issues.