USG is a national wholesale/brokerage for hard to place commercial insurance coverages. We are seeking an Associate Producer/Broker for our Chicago, IL office. Prior insurance experience, including E&S experience, is preferred.
This position is a Producer/Broker in development and will work as a member of an existing production team for mentorship and training, developing their own book of business for their own production team, when eligible. The candidate should have strong relationship building skills to work with our targeted carriers, retail insurance agents, and develop a book of business.
Office Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Compensation: Base pay level depends on experience. Commission/bonuses are awarded based on individual performance via sales results.
- Knowledge and experience of property and casualty insurance including: coverages, rating, terminology and technical procedures. P&C license / E&S licenses are preferred, but not required.
- Must be sales driven, “people person” who likes to establish new relationships while learning communication strategies and sales methods.
- Experienced in Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Reader. Ability to quickly learn new programs and applications.
- Skilled in business writing and problem/situation analysis.
- Energetic, self-motivated individuals who are goal oriented and can thrive in a team environment.
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills.
- 2-3 years of experience in a Production Assistant support role preferred.
- Must have the desired career path to become a Producer/Broker within 1 to 2 years.
Direct responsibilities include:
- Maintain underwriting files including an understanding of policy reviews, inspection reviews, and endorsements.
- Understand and be knowledgeable of markets and underwriting guidelines.
- Solicit new business through various sales and marketing techniques and begin establishing relationships within a territory utilizing agency visits, telemarketing calls and cross selling.
Train and mentor under a successful Producer/Broker to:
- Work with retail insurance agents, to develop and submit business to target markets for placement.
- Build relationships with our in house rating and brokerage markets.
- Assess new business submissions and negotiate terms, by selecting the markets that can provide the most coverage at the best price.
- Follow submissions through the process, to assure quotes are provided in a timely manner and negotiate with all parties involved to reach an acceptable price.
- Coordinate and handle administrative workflows in conjunction with support team(s) to establish accurate and prompt response to service issues.