Surplus Lines Compliance Assistant
Full-Time: 40 hours per week
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Compensation: $12.00/hour - $13.00/hour
USG is a national wholesale/brokerage for hard to place commercial insurance coverages. We are seeking a motivated individual to assist with surplus lines filings on a full-time basis in our (Carrollwood) Tampa, FL office location.
Previous experience is preferred, but not required. This is an entry-level position where we will provide training as needed.
- Review surplus lines insurance policy and tax filing documents to ensure compliance with state regulations.
- Complete and file accurate and timely tax reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis.
- Request missing documentation or corrections from Producer/Brokers.
- Run reports and review invoice transactions for accuracy. Request corrections as needed.
- Verify agent licensing information.
- Assist with maintaining USG licenses and respond to requests for license information.
- Complete surplus lines tax affidavits and other state specific forms that are required for filing.
- Research, monitor, and implement changes on the surplus lines procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Communicate with state insurance departments.
- Assist with state insurance department audits.
- Opening and sorting mail, as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge or experience in Property and Casualty/E&S Insurance preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and strong mathematical skills are a must.
- Ability to learn new computer programs and information systems quickly.