Company: USG Insurance Services, Inc. / USG Holding
Job Title: Marketing & Sales Assistant
Compensation: Hourly, pay based on qualifications of applicant
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week) M-F 8:30-5:00, overtime to meet deadlines and for meetings may be required.
This position works with our in-house advertising, marketing, and sales department for USG Insurance Services, Inc. and our subsidiary companies. We are looking for a creative candidate to assist the national marketing department headquartered just outside of Pittsburgh in Canonsburg, PA (Southpointe).
Responsible for assisting the Marketing Department including, but not limited to; order fulfillment, bids, online systems administration and training, database management, data entry, profiling of retail agency and carrier information, proposals, presentations, marketing collateral, internal and external communications, event planning, copy writing, editing/proofreading, and other projects as assigned by the Marketing Coordinator, Director of National Sales & Marketing, or Executive Management.
Responsibilities and Qualifications include:
- Assist the Director/Coordinator in executing the deadlines for creation of external and internal marketing/advertising pieces and campaigns.
- Editing ad copy and documents before going to Coordinator/Director for approvals.
- Coordinating orders and pricing for our department and our clients. Branch print/promotional order fulfillment and tracking.
- Updating marketing kits, including branch contacts and regional information.
- Agency development, to assist in developing retail agency relationships with new and current customers.
- Assisting branches in their retail agency visit plans:
- Researching prospective agents and current agents
- Scheduling visits for local offices
- Setting up agendas for these visits and recommending marketing materials to take along
- Providing intel on these agents including dashboard reports.
- Assist the Coordinator/Director for event planning nationwide.
- Research on carriers, agents, competitors and other data as requested. Profiling of Broker/Agents market research into Bmx. Update our CRM system by profiling carriers and coverages.
- Represent USG at company and agent outings, including conventions and tradeshows.
- RAMP and online systems registration, training, and reporting.
- USG Condo booking, cleaning/maintenance, and visit/restocking.
- Writing letters/e-mail responses to incoming inquiries, mailing and e-mailing marketing materials.
- Completion of carrier appointment, new and renewal documents. Also send updated licenses, e&o, and data to carriers/agents as requested.
- Create reports on Branch/Carrier/Agent numbers in excel to run projections and show data/trends.
- Tracking sales from marketing and designing ways to display our results
- Assist the Director/Coordinator branch requests for marketing materials, handouts, business cards etc.
- Other Miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related major preferred, degree can be in progress.
- Strong skills in Excel, Power Point, Word and Adobe Professional CS including InDesign and Photoshop.
- Creative, energetic, and eager to learn.
- Ability to work in teams; give and receive constructive criticism
- Work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects.